Explore our events calendar for Greater Des Moines, Iowa, and learn about upcoming events and festivals in the area.
The Light House is our quarterly newsletter that details the activities within the chapter and the foundation
- In this edition we cover our Semi Annually Project Alpha Program, where we had a total of 26 attendees
- Teens are encouraged to Be Themselves, Be Aware, Be Safe and Fight Peer Pressure.
- During the Project Alpha Program, our special guest Dr. Dennis Zachary held a conversation of the seen and unseen dangers of STDs. We also had Brother Judge Odell McGhee speaking about the consequences of truancy, crime, and bad decisions with relationships.
- In this edition we also cover “Walking for Healthy Babies” sponsored by the March of Dimes Foundation.
- Led by Brother Hollie Gray, a team of Members from Zeta Kappa Lambda of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, Inc. raised over $2,000 for the cause.